Monday, 1 July 2013

You killed me

You torn out my heart.
You ripped me apart.
Blood pouring from deep within my soul.
Tears enough to fill a river.
Tears still pouring down my face.
Tears that can never be replaced.
The words you spoke haunts me.
Nightmares torture me.
You held my world in your hands and helplessly I watched it shatter apart right in front of my eyes as I fell to my knees, crawling, begging you to stay even though I know you want to walk away. Uncontrollable, undeniable pain - something never before I have felt.
A life you once gave me, now ripped away.
Too weak to speak, too numb to walk, too scared to think.
A smile now lost, a frown now found.
You say this is for the best, you say you love me so much you would rather walk away and watch me being happy the only thing you don't realize is, you didn't just safe my life.
You destroyed it. You didn't just make me happy - you killed me!!!

This poem was also written in 2011 after my fiancee (whom i am still engaged to ironically enough) had a tad bit too much to drink and thought that my life would be better without him. Thank goodness, i stuck like glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment